Air Sciences Intern
San Francisco, CA or Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ramboll USA, Inc.
Ramboll is looking for an intern for Summer 2022. This internship is with our Air Science Group in San Francisco, California and Salt Lake City, Utah, but may be staffed remotely depending on the status of the pandemic and office re-openings. If you are detail-oriented, self-motivated and enjoy thinking “outside-of-the-box,” please apply! If you can work independently, apply analytical skills, and are looking to get your hands dirty (literally and figuratively), then you may find Ramboll to be an ideal place to start your career.
Are you our new Air Quality Intern? Click the link below to send your application!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and creative culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment & Health department
As our Air Quality Intern you will be part of the Air Sciences Group, which is part of Ramboll’s Environment & Health Division. This group consists of like-minded individuals who are passionate about air quality and assisting Ramboll’s clients with their most challenging problems. The Air Sciences Group consults with clients across various industries on a range of topics, including but not limited to emissions estimation, air dispersion modeling, human health risk assessment, climate change, permitting, and compliance.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Estimating emissions and conducting engineering evaluations of air pollution sources
- Conducting computer modeling of air pollution dispersion
- Performing statistical and geospatial analyses of air quality data
- Analyzing pollution control measures
- Evaluating air monitoring and indoor air quality data
- Preparing air quality permit applications and environmental impact reports
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental regulations
For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Candidates must have completed 6 semesters or obtained Junior status studying Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering or science discipline (e.g., mathematics, chemistry, data science, environmental science) (air quality course work is a plus) with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Strong computing skills including high level use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Strong written/verbal communication, problem-solving and organization skills
- Ability to understand and interpret environmental regulations
- Programming, database, and GIS skills are preferred but not required
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase live-ability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Click the link below:
Apply online. Attach your CV, targeted cover letter, and college transcript to showcase why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!