The Air and Waste Management Association- Rocky Mountain States Section announces the opening of the application period for the Scholarship Award Program for the Fall 2022-Spring 2023 period. The application is available here: 2022-2023- AWMA-RMSS Scholarship Application.
Applicants must be juniors, seniors, or graduate students who will be enrolled full-time 2022-2023 in a college or university in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, or Wyoming. Applicants may win scholarships for a maximum of 3 years (requires reapplication).
Applications: Applications must be received by March 15, 2022 (mail or email accepted), and must include the following. Please assemble these documents into a single pdf file or hardcopy (except reference letters which should be sent by the referee directly):
1. Coversheet (following page)
2. Copy of your transcripts or grade records for the last 2+ years (unofficial is acceptable)
3. Plan of Study – Two (2) page max detailing your academic program & training
4. Statement of Professional Goals – Two (2) page max detailing your long range plan
5. Complete CV or Resume- Six (6) page maximum
6. Two letter(s) of reference from an advisor and another faculty member. These should be emailed separately by the letter writers to: [email protected]
7. Award winners will be requested to participate with RMSS-A&WMA as student liason, lunch meeting speaker, planning committee for A&WMA national meeting, or in another capacity.
Awards: Anticipated 3 awards with amounts ranging from $1,000 to $2,000 apiece. Final scholarship awards and amounts will be assessed using a merit based system to the top students as judged by an independent review panel (judging form is attached). A 1-year student A&WMA membership will be reimbursed per awardee who joins A&WMA.
All Awards will be announced by May 31, 2022 and awarded by September 30, 2022 for A.Y. 2022-2023.
National Scholarship: Graduate level applicants are highly encouraged to separately apply to the A&WMA national student scholarship competition. A similar but separate application must be made at:
The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that enhances knowledge and expertise by providing a neutral forum for information exchange, professional development, networking opportunities, public education, and outreach to more than 5,000 environmental professionals in 65 countries. A&WMA promotes global environmental responsibility and increases the effectiveness of organizations to make critical decisions that benefit society.
Submit Applications (by March 15, 2022):
Aspen Outlook, LLC
3110 Heidelberg Drive
Boulder, CO 80305