Application period for the 2023 scholarship is closed.
The scholarship awards are intended to provide recognition and a financial award for qualified undergraduate and graduate students to encourage careers related to air pollution and/or waste management.
Awards will be announced by June 30, 2023 and awarded by August 31, 2023 for academic year 2023-2024.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time for the 2023-2024 academic year as undergraduate juniors, seniors, or graduate students at a college or university in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, or Wyoming.
- Previous award winners may reapply to win scholarships for a maximum of two years.
The application is now closed.
- Online form: Student summary and contact information
Attachments (PDF only):
- Copy of your transcripts or grade records for the last 2+ years (unofficial is acceptable)
- Plan of Study – Two (2) page max description detailing your academic program & training
- Statement of Professional Goals – Two (2) page max detailing your long-range plans
- Complete CV or Resume- Six (6) page maximum
- One letter of reference from an advisor, another faculty member, or a supervisor working in an air and waste management field. These should be submitted separately by the letter writer online at the link below.
Up to four students will each be awarded between $1,000 – $2,000. Final scholarship awards and amounts will be based on a merit-based system to the top students as judged by an independent review panel. A 1-year student A&WMA membership will be reimbursed per awardee who joins A&WMA.
Award winners will be requested to participate as student liaisons with the Rocky Mountain States Section of the Air and Waste Management Association (RMSS-AWMA). Activities may include lunch meeting speaker, planning committee for regional air quality conference, or in another capacity.
Submit questions to [email protected]
Review the judge’s form for guidance on how applicants are evaluated.
About the Air and Waste Management Association
The Air and Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that enhances knowledge and expertise by providing a neutral forum for information exchange, professional development, networking opportunities, public education, and outreach to more than 5,000 environmental professionals in 65 countries. A&WMA promotes global environmental responsibility and increases the effectiveness of organizations to make critical decisions that benefit society.