The Air & Waste Management Association – Rocky Mountain States Section (AWMA-RMSS) provides a nonpartisan forum for networking, education, and discussion of technical issues relating to air and waste management. A principal goal of the Rocky Mountain States Section is to stimulate and enhance environmental, quality, and ethical leadership among our member professionals. The Section is operated/maintained by a Board of Directors which is made up of 4 officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary) and 8 at-large board members (Directors) from various backgrounds. The Directors typically serve 3-year terms.
We currently have an opening for a Director. Since our current Board is made up of representatives from the private sector (both consulting and industry), we are seeking to achieve more diversity by adding Board Members who represent either the higher education sector or regulatory agencies. Board Members may be involved in a number of activities, which include but are not limited to:
- Helping to arrange and be present at member meetings;
- Providing hot topics for monthly meetings;
- Developing ideas to further engage and increase our membership;
- Promote networking opportunities;
- Evaluating applications for and awarding student scholarships;
- Judging science fairs;
- Helping to organize and execute our one-day environmental conference which is held every 2 years (next one scheduled for May 2020); and,
- Attending Board meetings (either in person or teleconference).
Additional information about our Section can be found in our web site: https://awma-rmss.org/
Any member is welcome to apply. If you want more information about being considered for a Board position or just want to learn more about the Section, please contact Joe Rubino (Current Chair) from Stanley Consultants at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in AWMA-RMSS!