The Air and Waste Management Association- Rocky Mountain States Section announces the opening of the application period for the Scholarship Award Program for the Fall 2016-Spring 2017 period. The application is available here: 2016-2017- AWMA-RMSS Scholarship Application.
Applicants must be juniors, seniors, or graduate students who will be enrolled full-time 2016-2017 in a college or university in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, or Wyoming.
Applications: Applications must be received by January 11, 2016 (mail or email accepted), and must include the following. Please assemble these documents into a single pdf file or hardcopy (except reference letters which should be sent by the referee directly):
1. Coversheet (following page)
2. Copy of your transcripts or grade records for the last 2 years (unofficial is acceptable)
3. Plan of Study – Two (2) page max detailing your academic program & training
4. Statement of Professional Goals – Two (2) page max detailing your long range plan
5. Complete CV or Resume- Six (6) page maximum
6. Two letter(s) of reference from an advisor and another faculty member. These should be emailed separately by the letter writers to: [email protected]
Awards: Anticipated 2-4 awards from a pool of $4000 total. Scholarship awards and amounts will be distributed based on a merit based system to the top students as judged by an independent review panel. One free student A&WMA membership for 1 year will be reimbursed for each awardee who joins national A&WMA.
All Awards will be announced by April 30, 2016.
National Scholarship: Graduate level applicants are highly encouraged to separately apply to the A&WMA national student scholarship competition. A similar but separate application must be made at:
The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that enhances knowledge and expertise by providing a neutral forum for information exchange, professional development, networking opportunities, public education, and outreach to more than 5,000 environmental professionals in 65 countries. A&WMA promotes global environmental responsibility and increases the effectiveness of organizations to make critical decisions that benefit society.
Submit Applications (by Jan 11, 2016):
Prof. Kip Carrico
New Mexico Tech
Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, NM 87801