The Air and Waste Management Association- Rocky Mountain States Section announces the opening of the application period for the Scholarship Award Program for the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 period. The application is available here: 2020-2021- AWMA-RMSS Scholarship Application.
Applicants must be juniors, seniors, or graduate students who will be enrolled full-time 2019-2020 in a college or university in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, or Wyoming. Applicants may win scholarships for a maximum of 3 years (requires reapplication).
Applications: Applications must be received by February 15, 2019 (mail or email accepted), and must include the following. Please assemble these documents into a single pdf file or hardcopy (except reference letters which should be sent by the referee directly):
1. Coversheet (following page)
2. Copy of your transcripts or grade records for the last 2+ years (unofficial is acceptable)
3. Plan of Study – Two (2) page max detailing your academic program & training
4. Statement of Professional Goals – Two (2) page max detailing your long range plan
5. Complete CV or Resume- Six (6) page maximum
6. Two letter(s) of reference from an advisor and another faculty member. These should be emailed separately by the letter writers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Award winners will be requested to participate with RMSS-A&WMA as student liason, lunch meeting speaker, planning committee for A&WMA national meeting, or in another capacity.
Awards: Anticipated 4 +/- 2 awards with amounts to be determined based on section financial status. Past scholarships have been $250 to $1500 per student. Final scholarship awards and amounts will be based on a merit based system to the top students as judged by an independent review panel (judging form is attached). A 1-year student A&WMA membership will be reimbursed per awardee who joins A&WMA.
All Awards will be announced by May 31, 2020 and awarded by September 30, 2020 for A.Y. 2020-2021.
National Scholarship: Graduate level applicants are highly encouraged to separately apply to the A&WMA national student scholarship competition. A similar but separate application must be made at:
The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that enhances knowledge and expertise by providing a neutral forum for information exchange, professional development, networking opportunities, public education, and outreach to more than 5,000 environmental professionals in 65 countries. A&WMA promotes global environmental responsibility and increases the effectiveness of organizations to make critical decisions that benefit society.
Submit Applications (by Feb 14, 2020):
Applewood Environmental Inc.
2410 Urban Street
Lakewood, CO 80215