The Rocky Mountain States Section – Air & Waste Management Association (RMSS-A&WMA) is hosting a one-day Air Quality Conference at the Denver Marriott West, 1717 Denver West Blvd., Golden, Colorado (located on the North side of I-70 at Exit 273) on Thursday, May 14, 2020. The theme of the conference is “Air Quality Issues in the Rocky Mountain Region”. This is the 7th Air Quality Conference the RMSS-A&WMA has hosted in the past 14 years.
By virtue of this announcement, the Section is extending its Call for Abstracts for this conference. The time allotted for each presentation shall be 15 minutes with an additional 5 minutes allocated for questions and answers. Details are listed below:
- Abstracts will now be accepted through Friday, November 22, 2019.
- Abstracts shall be approximately 150 words and the submittal package shall include:
- Author(s) contact information (e-mail and telephone number)
- Brief bio of the author(s) – about 100 words
- Topics of Interest as they affect the Rocky Mountain Region:
- Air Quality Permitting, Compliance and Enforcement Trends (Local, State, Federal)
- Climate Change in the Rocky Mountain Region/Western US
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Air Quality Modeling (Federal or State guideline revisions, advancements in model development, etc.)
- Industry Specific Air Quality Issues (Emission Controls, Utilities, Transportation, Oil and Gas, Refineries, etc.)
- Air Quality Rule Changes (Ozone Non-Attainment Area Designation changes, impact on permitting, etc.)
- Air Toxics
- Air Quality Evaluations under NEPA
- Send your abstract and bio electronically by Friday, November 22, 2019 to:
Peg Young, Technical Conference Content Committee, RMSS-A&WMA
Questions: Call (720) 320-4839
All those submitting abstracts will be notified regarding the program committee’s decision. Please ensure your complete contact information is enclosed with your submittal. Thank you for your interest in participating in this conference!